Friday, December 21, 2007

Getting Stuff Done

Has anyone noticed how hard it is to get in touch with someone? Those that know me, and have to work with me might say I'm even harder to reach than most folks.

On my laptop, I have about a half-dozen communication modes or more. I have three primary email accounts, plus dozens more I seldom use. I have Skype, Google talk, and two cell phones that you can call or SMS. Still, I miss calls that go into voicemail, I don't see the little popup that says someone is chatting me. Or, sometimes I'm actually "out of the room (gasp)". With all the communication methods, its still sometimes difficult to reach people when you need them. Personally, I'm going for that absent-minded-too-many-balls-in-the-air-genius meme. I don't know what everybody else's problem is.

At this writing, the 2007 holiday season approaches rapidly, and somewhere around 40% of the people I know are out of the office. If I were to need to get something done, it would be difficult. Luckily right now I am waist deep in sticky, tricky, gnarly coding (props to Danny Brown in Dallas for re-acquainting me with the term "gnarly"). So all I have to contact is ... well ... my compiler. "Computer? Acknowledge!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home